Lori Bed - Twin Vertical Murphy Bed
Made from 100%, ethically-sourced, lightweight Spanish Poplar
Our Murphy Bed is unique - it does not rely on springs or pistons and once unlocked from its cabinet, operators use their own native strength to lift and lower the bed.
The Lori Bed is the only twin vertical Murphy Bed on the market designed to operate without the assistance of traditional spring or piston lifting mechanisms. Because of our innovative design, we are able to offer our customers the safest, highest quality space-saving Murphy Bed at the most reasonable price. It is important to note that we are a climate positive company – your purchase will directly support our dedicated contributions to the reforestation of our beautiful planet.
- Unassisted design
- 100% lightweight poplar, sustainably sourced from Spain
- Manufactured in the U.S.
- Adjustable headboard
- Functional shelving when the bed is in the upright position
- A friendly, 60-day money back guarantee
- A lifetime warranty on all parts and hardware
- Smooth and painless assembly – all you’ll need are a screwdriver, a mallet, a wrench, a stud finder, and a drill to ensure secure attachment of the cabinet to the wall
- Fast, free shipping
- 2000+ Five Star reviews
All our materials are sourced with sustainability in mind.
- One fully grown poplar tree makes 8 Lori Beds
- Every Lori Bed sold, in collaboration with Eden Projects, plants 10 trees
- All woods, glues, and stains used in the construction of the Lori Bed are PEFC certified.
As with anything that becomes a staple in your home, we recommend that you treat your Lori Bed with the care and respect it deserves.
Because the Lori Bed can be heavy for one person to lift alone, this is a good time to recommend enlisting the help of a partner. This is an appropriate precaution against accidental strain or injury, and will help ensure your Lori Bed continues to serve you and your family for years to come.
|Twin Vertical Closed||78"||43.75"||23.25"||35lb|
|Twin Vertical Open||10"||43.75"||100"||35lb|
Browse our gallery and get inspired
expand your space
What makes the Lori Bed so special?
From seedling in Spain to bona fide Murphy Bed, our approach to quality is rigorous.
Our bed is made from 100% PEFC certified, plantation-grown poplar, sourced from the Spanish heartlands in collaboration with Garnica – the world’s number one supplier of sustainable plywood.
Once felled, cured, and pressed for ideal thickness, our bed panels are trimmed, sanded, finished with a chemical free, UV resistant compound, and sent to our manufacturer in Michigan, U.S.A. There, they are processed and packaged, along with all the necessary hardware, in recyclable cardboard and safely stored for shipment.
Paint-Ready Lori Beds are made from 100% furniture-grade European Poplar plywood. A canvas for personal expression, here is where assembly turns into making memories.
Our Paint-Ready Lori Beds accommodate any color, or combination of colors, you can dream of.
Alternatively, customers can choose from one of our 3 pre-finished options – natural, white, or walnut finish – to save the 4-8 hours required to sand and paint their Lori Bed.
When the bed is closed, decorate it to match your space.
A shelf that adjusts as you see fit.
When in the upright position, because there are no unsightly lifting mechanisms, the Lori Bed boasts functional shelving.
How you use these assets, however, will match your dream space:
A new office? A happier guest room? A home gym? A comfier lounge? A studio apartment doubled in size? A passage to Narnia for the kids?
The possibilities are yours to discover.
To complete the DIY Murphy bed assembly, you will only need a screwdriver, rubber mallet, wrench, stud-finder, and a common drill to mount the Murphy bed cabinet to the wall. We highly recommend you do it with a friend!
Available in 4 Colors
Paint-Ready Murphy Bed
Paint-Ready Lori Beds are made from 100% furniture-grade European Poplar plywood. A canvas for personal expression, here is where assembly turns into making memories. Our Paint-Ready Lori Beds accommodate any color, or combination of colors, you can dream of.
On average, it takes our customers around 4-8 hours to sand and paint their Paint-Ready Lori Wall Bed, spread out over a few days to allow for drying time between coats. Note that the edges of this bed will be raw, exposed plywood. See examples of how our customers have styled their Lori Wall Bed.
- Natural Finish
We are the only Murphy Bed company on the market that has successfully eliminated the complex, cumbersome lifting mechanisms found in traditional Murphy Beds. The result is a more affordable product that doesn't compromise on quality. The Lori Bed simply "rolls" up and down along the rounded wooden rockers on the floor, which allows for seamless lifting and lowering of the mattress platform.
This design requires that two able-bodied adults lift and lower together and we strongly recommend against pregnant women and children operating the bed.
Full DIY assembly and wall-mount should take you between 1-2 hours. To complete assembly, you will only need a screwdriver, rubber mallet, wrench, stud-finder, and a common drill to mount the Murphy bed cabinet to the wall.
Our Unfinished Lori Beds are ready for your unique design and touch. An Unfinished bed comes ready to be painted at home and is the perfect option for those that want their Lori Bed to match a specific décor and don’t mind a little extra work. Note that the edges will be raw, exposed plywood.
Painting your Unfinished Lori Bed is imperative to ensure that the wood is protected and will not warp overtime. It will take time -- about 4-8 hours with drying time included.
If you’d rather us do the work for you, we also offer a variety of fully finished Murphy bed options as well!
We have created the Lori Mattress, which will be the best fit for the Lori Bed! The Lori Mattress is the first mattress designed from scratch to be comfortable and long-lasting when stored in a Murphy bed. The support throughout the mattress, as well as the edge support, ensures that it will not sag or slump when being stored on its side.
You can learn more about and purchase your Lori Mattress by clicking here.
If you have a different mattress that you want to use, that is just fine as long as it follows our guidelines. Be sure that the mattress is 12" thick or less and is not too heavy. We recommend a max of 80 lbs for the Queen and 50 lbs for the Twin, as you and a partner will be using your own strength to lift and lower.
In the continental United States our average delivery time is 3-7 days, and shipping is FREE.
We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii for $499 per Murphy bed with a typical delivery time of 7-14 business days.
Shipping to Canada is $249 per Murphy bed with delivery times ranging from 7-21 business days.
We are unable to ship to any other destinations at this time.
See more frequently asked questions and answers on our FAQ page, or click here to contact us today. Our friendly customer service team is standing by ready to assist!
What people are saying
Don't take our word for it, over 2,000 people have shared their experiences with the Lori Bed right here on our website. Get first-hand knowledge and feedback right from the source... our customers!
- Lynne F.Verified BuyerAge range 65+Gender FemaleUsed For Home OfficeBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Fast & Free Shipping, Great Value1 week agoAge range 65+Gender FemaleUsed For Home OfficeBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Fast & Free Shipping, Great ValueReviewingLori Bed - Queen Vertical Murphy Bed Natural FinishRated 5 out of 5 starsEXCITED TO FINALLY HAVE MY LORI BED!
I’ve been looking to by a Lori Bed for over a year now. After much research, I decided it would be the perfect addition to our vacation home. We could use it in the space that my husband has currently set up as an office. Just what we need for visitors, but still allows us to tuck it away when not in use. Unfortunately we have not had a chance to install it and probably won’t until the school year is over. I can post a picture of the where it’s going to go, but not the finished project yet.
- Diane S.Verified BuyerAge range 18 - 24Gender FemaleUsed For Guest RoomBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Fast & Free Shipping, Great Value1 week agoAge range 18 - 24Gender FemaleUsed For Guest RoomBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Fast & Free Shipping, Great ValueReviewingLori Bed - Twin Vertical Murphy Bed Paint-ReadyRated 5 out of 5 starsLightweight, Aesthetic, Functional
I am very happy with this purchase. I received excellent customer service when I ordered the wrong size for a new apartment and needed to change the order. The setup is a bit time-consuming, but it was nice to exercise my brain differently by enjoying user-friendly engineering. :) The instructions and diagrams were extremely specific and easy to follow, so I had no issues assembling the bed (even for a rookie). I had a handyman bolt the bed to the wall, but all other stages of the setup I did myself. We have transformed a small den into an office/oxygen therapy/guest room. I believe that these beds are an excellent solution for city living :). I am a 5'4 woman, and I am able to lift and lower the bed on my own; However, I find it easier to lift the bed with my boyfriend. Shoutout to Helix mattresses, I found a $700 mattress that works perfectly with the lori bed, and it is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. I am considering changing out my main mattress for this. Helix Midnight - twin/soft touch
- Andrea F.Verified BuyerAge range 25 - 34Gender MaleUsed For Home OfficeBenefits Real Wood, Great Value, Beautiful Design, Easy Assembly, Fast & Free Shipping1 week agoAge range 25 - 34Gender MaleUsed For Home OfficeBenefits Real Wood, Great Value, Beautiful Design, Easy Assembly, Fast & Free ShippingReviewingLori Bed - Queen Vertical Murphy Bed Paint-ReadyRated 5 out of 5 starsLooks great and makes our room so much bigger
It took 3 hours for my husband and his twin to put together. The instructions video was GREAT. Pretty heavy but high quality and not toxic. Looks so good and has opened up so much space for us to have both a nursery and guest room (plus my husband’s desk, too) in one space! All materials were well organized and clearly marked, and matched the PDF instructions. Only (tiny) downside — does not come with dowel.
- Amy T.Verified BuyerAge range 45 - 54Gender FemaleUsed For Home OfficeBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Easy Assembly, Fast & Free Shipping1 week agoAge range 45 - 54Gender FemaleUsed For Home OfficeBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Easy Assembly, Fast & Free ShippingReviewingLori Bed - Queen Vertical Murphy Bed Natural FinishRated 5 out of 5 starsExtremely happy
We love our new Lori Bed. Not difficult to set up, great quality and looks fabulous! Love that it is solid wood. So excited for our family to be able to enjoy sleeping on it when they visit. Very satisfied with this purchase.
- kristin c.Verified BuyerUsed For Guest RoomBenefits Easy Assembly1 week agoUsed For Guest RoomBenefits Easy AssemblyReviewingLori Bed - Queen Vertical Murphy Bed WhiteRated 2 out of 5 starsToo much hype. Solid idea. Too expensive. No real headboard.
Like everyone else. Agree the idea and basic platform is great. But there are several things that make me feel it is not worth $2,000.
Shipping damage. The edges of several boards were rough. Not all will be hidden by artwork. Etc. We sent images and basically got a shrug response. No action.
One of the hardware locks was broken. They did ship a replacement out quickly.
The finish. I reread the description and it is not clear what it really is. We were led to believe it was a paint. It may be. But it looks and feels like white laminate. Too shiny. It def looks like IKEA finish. In hindsight would have ordered bare and painted myself. If you don’t want high shine don’t get the white.
This shiny finish makes the bed slip around if you just nudge it. They could not finish the backs of middle platform boards to stop this. I have added some non slip stair tape to a few spots to stop.
No dowel. Really guys. In the video you suggest a dowel. Why don’t you just include the proper 5” piece of wood dowel to tap in screw locks? Really. I mean it would cost all of $.75 a shipment. Even IKEA includes the tool.
Final and biggest false claim. It is not a headboard. It’s a shelf. This is important on the vertical units where you can’t use a wall as a headboard. As such, your pillows will slide beneath ‘the shelf’ while you sleep. I modified with a proper headboard that folds away and locks in place. Used a 48” piano hinge. 6” x 60.75” birch ply piece and some pin locks. Like…
- Helen H.Verified BuyerAge range 45 - 54Gender FemaleUsed For Creative StudioBenefits Great Value, Beautiful Design, Easy Assembly, Fast & Free Shipping, Customizable1 week agoAge range 45 - 54Gender FemaleUsed For Creative StudioBenefits Great Value, Beautiful Design, Easy Assembly, Fast & Free Shipping, CustomizableReviewingLori Bed - Queen Vertical Murphy Bed Paint-ReadyRated 5 out of 5 starsExcellent — easy install very stable high quality great design
I’m extremely picky. I have another Murphy bed and this one is far simpler, cheaper and just as nice quality. Excellent product. I did a modified install. I didn’t use the frame. Just the platform. I am using the frame pieces to make shelves above the bed later. I had the exciting cabinet and it worked great in a custom build. Very easy. Also I used a thick mattress that was over 14 inches with padding. This is one of the only ones u can modify to use a thick mattress. I have looked. The instructions are 47 pages long and not included. If u don’t have a laptop or iPad u will need to print ahead of time. We watched video and instructions simultaneously and even a complete idiot could install this bed. The hardest part is the brown circle screws and I have a short video that shows the install of those that I will upload.
- ANDREA N.Verified BuyerAge range 18 - 24Gender MaleUsed For Creative StudioBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Great Value, Easy Assembly2 weeks agoAge range 18 - 24Gender MaleUsed For Creative StudioBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Great Value, Easy AssemblyReviewingLori Bed - Twin Vertical Murphy Bed Paint-ReadyRated 5 out of 5 starsProduction Studio/Bedroom
I purchased this bed for my son. He has a production studio in his room and needs extra room for his equipment and musical instruments. My son really like the flexibility of the Lori Bed. It gives him additional space when he needs it and a bed when its time to sleep.
- Yodani Q.Verified BuyerAge range 35 - 44Gender MaleUsed For Creative StudioBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Fast & Free Shipping, Customizable2 weeks agoAge range 35 - 44Gender MaleUsed For Creative StudioBenefits Real Wood, Beautiful Design, Fast & Free Shipping, CustomizableReviewingLori Bed - Queen Vertical Murphy Bed Paint-ReadyRated 5 out of 5 starsA piece of modular furniture that is beautiful, functional, and *GASP* affordable
The Lori vertical bed is an absolute game changer for my wife and I as we made major change after major change in 2022-2023.
We decided to get rid of our thriving Airbnb business and save my wife rent and hassle, by converting our spare bedroom into her studio and office. We deliberated, searched mainly for USED murphy beds in our area, but we always came up short with our compromising: we loved the price, but not the style, we loved the style, but not the price, and justified it, because it was "new to us". We came across a must -have item once - a Lori bed Horizontal. The price was terrific and only had holes drilled for installation. I didn't know what that meant, at the time, but it was beautiful, and I made an offer and received it. The seller eventually ghosted me and sold it to someone else, but I showed my wife what could have been, and we made a decision after seeing FREE SHIPPING and 10-% off !! - We were getting a Lori bed.
We ordered and delivery eventually came. The 2 boxes they came in were rather heavy, which we welcomed. After all, we wanted quality. We started building and it was a 3-4 adventure with videos and PDF instructions that were easy to follow. We actually had FUN doing it and the end product was beautiful like the pictures and sturdy with just enough organic movement to position the bed easily in and out.
Now we have an aesthetic and nearly perfect space! Literally within days, we had a visitor, took off the items off the shelf, unlocked it and…
Space saving tips and more
The Value of Functional Furniture and Sleeping Spaces
This Old School Space Saver is Back
The Ultimate Murphy Bed Buying Guide