We think the Lori Bed is great, and some of the unique features place it high above the rest for quality, comfort and reliability. But that's just what we think... here is what other people have to say!
- Jinx E.Verified BuyerAge range 65+Gender FemaleRoom type BedroomWhich bed did you choose? Queen VerticalBenefits Beautiful design, Fast shipping, Easy to assemble, Space saver, Customizable2 weeks agoAge range 65+Gender FemaleRoom type BedroomWhich bed did you choose? Queen VerticalBenefits Beautiful design, Fast shipping, Easy to assemble, Space saver, CustomizableReviewingThe Lori BedRated 5 starsmy new lori bed
just put together today and impressed with the quality n good customer service i liked only dealing with latches
to lower the bed. Since being vertically challenged for me it takes two people to lower the bed
only suggestion i have shelf that retracts then lowered once bed down one inserts the little screws to hold the shelf my only concern keeping screws safe place so as not to lose Your design team maybe come up with another idea
I can see these screws are small n can easily be misplacedWas this helpful?
- MarianVerified BuyerAge range 65+Gender FemaleRoom type BedroomWhich bed did you choose? Queen VerticalBenefits Beautiful design, Easy to assemble, Fast shipping, Space saver, Customizable3 weeks agoAge range 65+Gender FemaleRoom type BedroomWhich bed did you choose? Queen VerticalBenefits Beautiful design, Easy to assemble, Fast shipping, Space saver, CustomizableReviewingThe Lori BedRated 5 starsFunctional and beautiful
I bought the queen vertical in the unfinished. I mixed a custom stain I call grey wash. Everything arrived so quickly and was well packed. I did have to get #7 and #14 replaced because of planner lines and too many plugs. I was going to stain it and this wouldn't turn out well. Great customer service and the pieces were shipped the same day. These 2 boxes were crushed and partially open on the ends but I was able to fill the dents in. I put birch edge banding on all the end pieces. I'm a beginner at finishing furniture, but I think it came out beautiful. We bought another one, but choose to get the white as our garage is 87 degrees and humid even in the wee hours of the night. Pictures later. Definitely recommend these beds.Was this helpful?
- Connor J.Verified BuyerAge range 25 - 34Gender MaleRoom type BedroomWhich bed did you choose? Queen VerticalBenefits Beautiful design, Space saver1 month agoAge range 25 - 34Gender MaleRoom type BedroomWhich bed did you choose? Queen VerticalBenefits Beautiful design, Space saverReviewingThe Lori BedRated 5 starsExtremely Pleased
The Lori Wall Bed was an excellent purchase for me. I work exclusively from home, but we don't have much extra space, so I have been working out of our guest bedroom. Having a bed in my workspace was not great for me as I found it unpleasant in my background and a temptation when I was feeling low energy. The Lori wall bed provided a cost-effective way to hide the bed while still making it super easy to have a bed for any guests. We got the paint-ready one and painted it green, and it looks awesome!Was this helpful?
- SamVerified BuyerAge range 25 - 34Gender FemaleRoom type BedroomWhich bed did you choose? Queen HorizontalBenefits Space saver, Beautiful design1 month agoAge range 25 - 34Gender FemaleRoom type BedroomWhich bed did you choose? Queen HorizontalBenefits Space saver, Beautiful designReviewingThe Lori BedRated 5 starsBeautiful!
I did a ton of research before deciding on this Murphy bed. Much more affordable than other options and it has shelves on the outside! I had a little trouble putting it together with some holes not lining up but their customer service was wonderful and offered to send me a replacement part for free but it was easier to just drill some holes. I white washed mine and I just love it in my office/guest room/ Library. It’s very sturdy too.Was this helpful?
- Michelle A.Verified Buyer2 months agoReviewingThe Lori BedRated 5 starsBeautiful, Practical, Transformative
What an amazing, functional, brilliant bed! We chose the Lori Queen Vertical Bed based on strong reviews on external websites. The reviews on the Lori website confirmed our decision. We had to wait a couple weeks for the new and improved models to be ready. When they were ready, we immediately ordered and had the boxes delivered in under a week. Over the weekend, we assembled. My husband and I are in our 60s and 70s, and we found assembly straightforward. We did purchase a light weight mattress and have no trouble raising and lowering the bed. I now have a guest bedroom / office combination. I love our transformed room!Was this helpful?
- Trevor G.Verified Buyer2 months agoReviewingThe Lori BedRated 4 starsHigh Quality at a reasonable price!
Nice looking wall bed! Assembly wasn’t too hard once we got going - it took me and my wife about 4 hours to complete. We love that it doesn’t use pistons or springs and there’s no particleboard that can easily break. Would definitely recommend this product to others.Was this helpful?
- Misha O.Verified Buyer2 months agoReviewingThe Lori BedRated 4 starsLooks great, works great, assembly definitely took longer than an hour
The Lori Wall Bed is perfect for our guest bedroom that doubles as an office. Highly recommend! I stained the unfinished planks myself and that process went great. The only thing I would recommend would be a video tutorial to go with the written instructions. With two people assembling the bed who were new to cam screws and the securing apparati, figuring out the configuration, which pre-made holes to use when, etc., was not an easy endeavor. Otherwise, looks great and works great!Was this helpful?
- Preetham R.Verified Buyer2 months agoReviewingThe Lori BedRated 4 starsGreat space saving wall bed with a simple design
The bed has a very simple yet robust design. The assembly is straightforward. Our Lori wall bed was unpainted. We needed to paint it, as recommended on the web page.
Pros: Very elegant, simple design, sturdy, and compact bed.
Cons: Painting instructions on the web page should be more clearer and specific. The assembly instructions should be clear for attaching the locks and the straps.
Details: We needed the wood grains/pattern to show through the paint, but we applied a primer as per instructions and it completely masked the wood patterns. The "Stain" as suggested on the web page wouldn't work then on a primer. So we had to apply another opaque paint (Behr Extra Durable Satin Enamel Interior Paint & Primer) on top of the primer (ideally should have took out the primer, but we didn't, as we were exhausted) .
Our suggestion to customers who want to paint:
If you want to retain the wood pattern- 1) sand, 2) paint Stain 3) Apply clear top coat.
If you want to NOT show wood pattern - 1) sand 2) apply primer 3) apply paint (not Stain) 4) Optional top coat. Or better yet: 1) sand 2) interior primer + paint (eg: Behr Extra Durable Satin Enamel Interior Paint & Primer with your choice of color) 3) Optional top coat.
Talk to a person in paint store and confirm. Our suggestion to Lori is - there are a hundred ways to paint wood, and it would help if the steps are laid out clearly if one wants to retain the wood pattern. It is a *LOT* of work to paint the bed, so the…Was this helpful?